Training & Care
- What to Expect After You Adopt a Mutt (PDF)
- Introducing Your New Muttville Dog to Your Resident Dog (PDF)
- Introducing Your New Muttville Dog to Your Resident Cat (PDF)
- Housebreaking Tips for Your New Muttville Mutt (PDF)
- Alone Time Training (PDF)
- Recommended Shopping List for Your Newly Adopted Mutt
- Muttville Training Partners (PDF)
These veterinarians (PDF) regularly see Muttville dogs.
These organizations may provide financial assistance to pet owners in need. Each organization is independent and has its own set of rules and guidelines. Muttville is not associated with any of these organizations and is not responsible for any decisions that they make.
- I Heart Dogs
- Care Credit
- All Pets Wellness Foundation
- RedRover (formerly United Animal Nations)
- Rose’s Fund for Animals
- The Senior Dogs Project
- The Acme Foundation (serving Lake County, CA)
- Costco can fill many pet prescriptions, even if you are not a member.
- Wedgewood Pharmacy
- Golden Gate Veterinary Compounding Pharmacy
- Roadrunner Pharmacy
Grieving the Death of a Pet
Losing a beloved companion can be a devastating experience, often more so than people anticipate.
Dr. Betty J. Carmack has worked as a nurse in pet loss counseling since 1982. Her book, Grieving the Death of a Pet, provides help and guidance for people coping with the loss of a dear pet. Information about the book and how to buy it are available on her website, where she also provides some online guidance for getting through the difficult times.
We also recommend the SF SPCA Pet Loss Support Group.