Training & Care
- What to Expect After You Adopt a Mutt (PDF)
- Introducing Your New Muttville Dog to Your Resident Dog (PDF)
- Introducing Your New Muttville Dog to Your Resident Cat (PDF)
- Housebreaking Tips for Your New Muttville Mutt (PDF)
- Alone Time Training (PDF)
- Recommended Shopping List for Your Newly Adopted Mutt
- Dog Trainer Recommendations (PDF)
These veterinarians (PDF) regularly see Muttville dogs.
These organizations may provide financial assistance to pet owners in need. Each organization is independent and has its own set of rules and guidelines. Muttville is not associated with any of these organizations and is not responsible for any decisions that they make.
- I Heart Dogs
- Care Credit
- All Pets Wellness Foundation
- RedRover (formerly United Animal Nations)
- Rose’s Fund for Animals
- The Senior Dogs Project
- The Acme Foundation (serving Lake County, CA)
- Costco can fill many pet prescriptions, even if you are not a member.
- Wedgewood Pharmacy
- Golden Gate Veterinary Compounding Pharmacy
- Roadrunner Pharmacy
Grieving the Death of a Pet
Losing a beloved companion can be a devastating experience, often more so than people anticipate.
For many, support from others who understand can be helpful. Muttville holds a pet loss support group on Zoom the first Monday of every month. (Check our Events pages for details).
Dr. Betty J. Carmack worked as a nurse in pet loss counseling since 1982. Her book, Grieving the Death of a Pet, provides help and guidance for people coping with the loss of a dear pet.
We also recommend the SF SPCA Pet Loss Support Group.